I recognize I pretty much obsessed about tomatoes and sandwiches all last week. But sometimes, I’m not a sandwich girl. Especially not around lunchtime. What I am is a salad girl. In fact, I freaking love salads. Pasta salads. Greek salads. Jicama salads. And, today, this white bean and arugula salad.
I also love pizza, but we can leave that for another day.
I was inspired to create this salad after trying a similar dish at a local restaurant. The very next day, I set out to make my own version, and this version has been a staple in my refrigerator ever since.
This salad is perfect for rainy afternoons, beautiful sunny mornings, and I’m sure it’s also great with chicken. On chicken. Under chicken. Whatever. You decide! Just take away from this little paragraph that this salad is pretty bomb. Ok?
AND, for all you tailgaters…this guy is so simple + can be made ahead of time. Perfect for an early afternoon game!
White Bean & Arugula Salad (print recipe)
Serves 4 - Total Cook Time: 5 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- White cannellini beans (16oz. can)
- 1 cup fresh arugula, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Thoroughly rinse and drain beans. Set aside to air dry.
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Will store in refrigerator for up to one week.