It’s super bowl week! I’m excited for the parties. Getting a large group together to watch some football never hurt anybody…especially when I don’t really care who wins this year. So, even if you don’t have a dog in this weekend’s upcoming fight, I know many of you many of you will be hosting or attending some fun watch parties. With that being said, I want to introduce a new favorite: this tomato, artichoke and basil dip. This dip has absolutely risen to the top of my must-make-for-guests list. Simply put, the flavor is amazing and the freshness will not disappoint!
The genesis of this dip started with a spread Eric’s mother buys at a local grocery store. I’ve been obsessed with it for several months now, and I was even more sure I could figure out the recipe. In fact, all I needed was a rainy and cold Friday night + a quick trip to the grocery store. The gist of this spread is this: SIMPLE. EASY. Yet packed full of flavor! (not to mention, it’s gluten free, vegetarian and extremely healthy)
Serve with pita bread, bagel chips, or crackers. Enjoy!
- 3 cups fresh roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups marinated artichokes, roughly diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the tomatoes in a sauce pan over medium heat. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until tomatoes are thoroughly cooked through (they should still hold their shape), about 15-20 minutes.
- Strain the tomatoes to remove the liquid. Place in bowl and refrigerate until cold.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and season to your taste preference.